Bounds on the minimum distance of linear codes
Bounds on linear codes [30,8] over GF(3)
Construction of a linear code [30,8,15] over GF(3):
: [28, 8, 15] Constacyclic by 2 Linear Code over GF(3)
ConstaCyclicCode generated by x^20 + 2*x^19 + x^18 + x^17 + x^14 + x^13 + x^12 + 2*x^10 + x^8 + 2*x^7 + x^6 + 2*x^3 + x^2 + x + 1 with shift constant 2
: [30, 8, 15] Linear Code over GF(3)
PadCode  by 2
last modified: 2001-12-17
From Brouwer's table (as of 2007-02-13)
Lb(30,8) = 15 is found by shortening of:
Lb(31,9) = 15 DaH
Ub(30,8) = 15 is found by considering shortening to:
Ub(28,6) = 15 HHM
Rumen Daskalov & Plamen Hristov, New One-Generator Quasi-Cyclic Codes over
GF(7), preprint, Oct 2001. R. Daskalov & P Hristov, New One-Generator
Quasi-Twisted Codes over GF(5), (preprint) Oct. 2001. R. Daskalov & P Hristov,
New Quasi-Twisted Degenerate Ternary Linear Codes, preprint, Nov 2001.
N. Hamada, T. Helleseth, H.M. Martinsen & Ø. Ytrehus, There is no
ternary [28,6,16] code
- All codes establishing the lower bounds were constructed using
- Upper bounds are taken from the tables of Andries E. Brouwer, with the exception of codes over GF(7) with n>50.
For most of these codes, the upper bounds are rather weak.
Upper bounds for codes over GF(7) with small dimension have been provided by Rumen Daskalov.
- Special thanks to John Cannon for his support in this project.
- A prototype version of MAGMA's code database over GF(2) was
written by Tat Chan in 1999 and extended later that year by
Damien Fisher. The current release version was
developed by Greg White over the period 2001-2006.
- Thanks also to Allan Steel for his MAGMA support.
- My apologies to all authors that have contributed codes to this table for not giving specific credits.
- If you have found any code improving the bounds or some errors, please send me an e-mail:
codes [at] codetables.de
New Query |
This page is maintained by
Last change: 30.12.2011