Bounds on the minimum distance of linear codes
Bounds on linear codes [70,16] over GF(2)
ConstructionConstruction type: X
Construction of a linear code [70,16,25] over
: [7, 6, 2] Cyclic Linear Code over GF(2)
Dual of the RepetitionCode of length 7
: [70, 16, 25] Linear Code over GF(2)
Let C1 be the BCHCode over GF( 2) of parameters 63 23. Let C2 the SubcodeBetweenCode of
dimension 16 between C1 and the BCHCode with
parameters 63 27. Return ConstructionX using C1, C2 and 
last modified: 2001-01-30
From Brouwer's table (as of 2007-02-13)
Lb(70,16) = 25 X
Ub(70,16) = 27 is found by considering shortening to:
Ub(69,15) = 27 is found by considering truncation to:
Ub(68,15) = 26 Ja
D.B. Jaffe, Binary linear codes: new results on nonexistence, 1996, code.ps.gz.
- All codes establishing the lower bounds were constructed using
- Upper bounds are taken from the tables of Andries E. Brouwer, with the exception of codes over GF(7) with n>50.
For most of these codes, the upper bounds are rather weak.
Upper bounds for codes over GF(7) with small dimension have been provided by Rumen Daskalov.
- Special thanks to John Cannon for his support in this project.
- A prototype version of MAGMA's code database over GF(2) was
written by Tat Chan in 1999 and extended later that year by
Damien Fisher. The current release version was
developed by Greg White over the period 2001-2006.
- Thanks also to Allan Steel for his MAGMA support.
- My apologies to all authors that have contributed codes to this table for not giving specific credits.
- If you have found any code improving the bounds or some errors, please send me an e-mail:
codes [at] codetables.de
New Query |
This page is maintained by
Last change: 30.12.2011